Love, Sarah

Monday 7 September 2015

Galvin Bistrot de Luxe - London

 Perhaps one of my favourite restaurant in London and my top 3 French restaurants worldwide, Galvin Bistrot de Luxe is a petit coin de paradis Parisien in the heart of London.

As soon as you walk through the doors you're transported to a local Parisian bistrot. The atmosphere can only be described as a busy yet relaxed casual upmarket food lover's heaven.

The Michelin-starred brothers, Chris and Jeff Galvin, founded the Galvin Restaurants in 2005. The group now counts seven restaurants, all offering similar high-quality French cuisine in a luxurious setting unique to each of them.

I have lost count of the amount of awards the chefs and their restaurants have accumulated since opening their first restaurant. Amongst an impressive list of accolade, Galvin Bistrot de Luxe was listed in the Tatler Restaurant guide 2012 and was voted Harden's London top 3 favourite restaurants in 2012 and top 10 in 2012, 2011 and 2013.

Two dishes immediately stood out to me at the Bistrot de Luxe, the Lasagne of Dorset Crab and the Steak Tartare - for anyone who knows me, I will never pass raw beef if I have the opportunity.



The Dorset crab lasagne were hands down the best crab dish I have ever had and have now made it into my all time top 5 dishes. I am struggling to find words to describe how delicate and satisfying this experience was.

The steak tartare was hard to fault, but I was too busy lusting over the crab lasagne I had just enjoyed to snap the beauty.

Then came my favourite time of any meal, dessert. After a long debate between the strawberry soufflé and the white chocolate and ricotta mousse, I finally decided on the latter.

 The white chocolate and ricotta mousse was accompanied by kent strawberries and saffron ice-cream. I would've never thought about pairing white chocolate with saffron, but the ice cream took the dish to a whole other level.



We were sent home with a "petite attention" filled with two little delicious raspberry financiers that went perfectly with the tea I brought back from Paris when I returned to my room.

I already look forward to my next visit, and a feast of Dorset crab lasagne. I will definitely add the Galvin cookbook to my Christmas list

as always,

Love, Sarah xx

Galvin Bistrot de Luxe
66 Baker Street
W1U 7DJ London
United Kingdom
Galvin Bistrot de Luxe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment